The Philippine Children’s Medical Center is one of the government-owned and controlled corporate National Centers for Specialized Health Care under the Department of Health. It is a 200-bed capacity tertiary hospital with a mandate to provide pediatric care, offer training programs for medical and allied health care providers, and be a center in clinical research.
It offers a wide array of general and subspecialty services in pediatrics, surgery and allied medicine. It has training programs involving general pediatrics, adolescent medicine, ambulatory medicine, hematology and oncology, infectious disease, nephrology, pulmonology, intensive care, neonatology, neurodevelopmental pediatrics, psychiatry, neurology, perinatology, pediatric gynecology, pediatric surgery, pediatric and perinatal anesthesia, radiology, dentistry, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, medical technology and nursing. Lastly, it has produced researches relevant to the day-to-day care of the well and sick child.
To be the leader in pediatric medicine in the Philippines in service, training and research, and to be a self-reliant institution devoted to pediatric healthcare.
To deliver the most responsive service to patients, achieve the best health outcomes, and protect the vulnerable Filipino children.
Excellence Sense of Urgency
Dedication to Duty Malasakit (Care and Compassion)
Giving the best of care is our source of fulfillment.
We go the extra mile in delivering the best of care to our patients. We take nothing of importance lightly so that we can deliver quality healthcare that is relevant, up-to-date, safe and guarantees the….
Lungsod ng Kabataan (Children’s City) was created by PD 1631 on August 10, 1979. It was inaugurated on April 29, 1980 and became operational under the Ministry of Human Settlements on June 23, 1980.
Renamed the Philippine Children’s Medical Center by Malacañang Memoradum Order No. 48 dated November 12, 1986, it was administratively attached to the Department of Health.
It retained its goverment corporate structure per Memoradum Order No. 6 Series of 1986. The Board of Trustees was reconstructed per Executive Order No. 34 Series of 1986.